Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: PayPal is one of the leading global payments companies in the world. Initially conceived and designed for web payments, PayPal’s mobile and point of sale solutions have altered the payments landscape by blurring the lines between ecommerce and traditional brick and mortar commerce. PayPal’s innovative technology and approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for attorneys motivated and driven by creative clients and a fast paced, cutting edge culture. PayPal is seeking a high caliber, experienced and energetic attorney to join PayPal’s Technology, Risk & Platforms, and Security legal team. Working closely with legal colleagues who support PayPal in more than 200 markets around the world, the Senior Legal Counsel will lead legal support for financial risk and customer protection programs offered by PayPal as part of a growing global legal team. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your payments and financial services knowledge, expertise and passion in a collaborative, fast paced and engaging setting that continuously strives for excellence, customer satisfaction, compliance, innovation, and industry leadership at a dynamic time in payments and PayPal.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and strategic advisor to business units responsible for identifying, preventing, and mitigating fraud and risk across PayPal’s platform globally.
- Support the evolution of PayPal’s Purchase Protection and Seller Protection Programs.
- Assist in the development of new risk protection programs across PayPal.
- Develop holistic understanding of various initiatives to identify and issue spot potential gaps across the enterprise. In doing so, build relationships and collaborate with various Risk & Platforms organizations across PayPal, including the Identity, Risk & Protections, Consumer Risk, Seller Risk, and Simility teams.
- Regularly collaborate with regional lawyers to coordinate comprehensive assessments of proposed Risk & Platforms initiatives across multiple geographies where PayPal operates to help ensure consistent legal advice, where possible.
- Advise the Global Investigations, Global Financial Crimes Strategic Initiatives and Fraud Defense Center teams on both fraud investigations and fraud loss recovery activities.
- Analyze new initiatives to help ensure activities align with the PayPal User Agreement, PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, payments regulations, applicable card network and ACH rules, as well as financial partner commitments. Where necessary, draft revisions to these disclosures.
- Collaborate with Compliance colleagues to develop, enhance and implement the initiatives in a manner that is consistent with PayPal’s policies and risk frameworks.
- Advise on new and emerging legal and regulatory developments impacting Risk & Platforms, including identifying trends and potential impacts on business activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with government relations teams to proactively monitor and review legislation in order to help ensure accurate and up-to-date inventories of all legal obligations.
Skills & Experience: Candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate experience and competence with the following.
- Demonstrable payments skills and expertise, with an emphasis on card network schemes and related financial regulations. Specific experience financial services laws and obligations, including EFTA/Reg. E, PSD2, card network rules and other applicable laws is preferred.
- Identifying productivity improvements and helping to drive and direct process changes to ensure continuing efficiency.
- In-depth knowledge of cutting-edge IT, web, mobile, and payment ecosystem technologies.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, financial services technology, mobile and alternative payments, as well as emerging technology.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Global thinker and demonstrated collaborator, who displays sound and pragmatic legal and business judgment in providing practical advice to clients.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable policies, processes and programs that enable business objectives.
- Facility with a team-based approach to subject matter management and knowledge sharing, and comfort with a flexible, agile environment that emphasizes collaboration and team performance over management hierarchy.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, to effectively coach and mentor others (including non-attorneys).
- Display a sense of humor and resiliency, especially under tight deadlines and while managing multiple priorities.
Qualifications: In addition to the above Skills & Experience, candidates should possess the following qualifications.
- 7 or more years of experience practicing either in-house (or in an equivalent setting) or at a reputable law firm.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent degree. Admitted to a state bar.
- Exceptional writing skills, with attention to detail and ability to generate creative original drafted documents.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations and requirements.
- Experience advising clients in the financial services, mobile payments, internet and technology industries preferred.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.