At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
Remitly is seeking an experienced corporate attorney to lead our company’s mergers and acquisition (M&A) activity and advise the global business on corporate financing, global treasury and corporate governance matters. The candidate will also manage the Company’s securities matters, including applicable SEC reporting and compliance requirements. In this newly created role, you will be a key member of our friendly and growing legal team, partnering with business teams around the world as Remitly continues to expand its business.
What You’ll Do:
- Support our global business as lead counsel on corporate and securities issues, as well as domestic and cross border M&A transactions. This includes the management of external counsel relationships, liaising with senior stakeholders on a cross-functional basis and reviewing and negotiating transaction documentation, filings and agreements.
- Partner with the Remitly Global Finance and Treasury teams on corporate financing transactions, including equity investment, debt financings, and other financial products to be undertaken by the Remitly corporate group.
- Oversee, maintain and provide support to the global corporate group, its Board of Directors and Committees in the areas of corporate governance, policies and oversight responsibilities.
- Participate actively in other legal team projects, including managing emergent legal issues.
Who You Are:
- Personable, inquisitive, enthusiastic, and a self-starter – all with a strong bias for action, desire for self-improvement, and the ability to embrace change
- A team player who can effectively work with business partners and legal colleagues cooperatively and efficiently
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.
- You’re independent, but also work well under direction and in a team setting
- You exercise sound judgment and discretion under pressure
- You work well in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, across time zones, and with competing deadlines
- Works well with people at all levels inside and outside the company
- Flexible, resourceful, and driven to innovate
- Possess high standards of ethics and professional integrity aligned to Remitly’s Values.
- Washington State qualified corporate lawyer
- Strong legal experience and expertise in securities regulation and capital markets transactions, corporate M&A, corporate finance, corporate governance, and private equity/venture capital financing transactions.
- 5+ combined years of legal experience as an in-house corporate transactional legal counsel and/or in a top national or international law firm, with preference for both in-house and law firm experience
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-directed individual, resourceful, creative and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
- Outstanding transactional, negotiation, organizational, communication, drafting and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise and work closely with senior executives and board of directors
- Ability to identify a range of legal issues / risks and advise within a structured and analytical commercial framework
- Willingness to travel globally, as needed (when permitted within company and Government safety guidelines)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general comfort with learning new software skills
- A focus and working knowledge of the Fintech industry is strongly preferred
- Worked in a company during a period of rapid growth from hundreds to thousands of employees and with a global presence
- Demonstrated senior legal management and team leader skills
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer