We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell has a need for an Attorney to join our corporate Legal team at our headquarters in Fort Worth, TX.
The Attorney will advise Bell’s business units, functions and senior management on a broad range of issues pertaining to commercial contracts, company policies, litigation, audits, and other issues. In particular, this Senior Staff Attorney will support the commercial aircraft and aftermarket sales organizations on all variety of business matters, including but not limited to contract drafting and negotiation support on a broad range of aircraft and aftermarket transactions, legal support of business partner relationships and agreements from a transactional and compliance perspective, legal support of Bell entities/corporate records, management of legal issues requiring legal research and management of outside counsel, legal reviews of external communications, marketing materials and presentations, legal review and drafting/updating of contract templates, and coordination with internal stakeholders such as finance and tax departments on business matters. This role includes management of compliance matters and compliance training for internal and external audiences. The role includes support as required by internal stakeholders on various matters to include rollout of new company initiatives and programs. The role will report directly to the Sr. Assistant General Counsel for Bell’s commercial business and will be responsible for legal support of commercial business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The successful candidate should have expertise in domestic and international complex commercial contract transactions, including a practiced knowledge of the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and similar laws.
The successful candidate will provide hands on legal advice regarding all legal matters affecting Bell, working directly with her or his business counterparts, other attorneys, the Bell Legal Staff, and the Textron compliance team. The successful candidate must be an experienced business partner.
- Provide legal advice on terms and conditions for both domestic and international sales and aftermarket service support.
- Work directly with business counterparts, identify legal risks and issues raised in contractual pursuits and on-going programs and develop risk mitigation strategies, as appropriate.
- Support complex legal transactions for commercial programs and businesses in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Support efforts in response to audits and subpoenas, litigation and ethics investigations.
- Understand areas of legal compliance risk and appropriate mitigation measures for a variety of topics, such as global anti-corruption compliance (GACC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA); and U.S. anti-money laundering (AML) compliance.
- Perform due diligence reviews for Bell Covered Business Partners to assess legal risk of current and potential business partners, focusing on GACC and AML issues.
- Work with the Ethics professionals to investigate matters, perform revolving door reviews and help with training, as needed.
- Other special projects which may be necessary for the support of Bell’s business.
- Admission to the Bar and licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. State or the District of Columbia - or must be able otherwise to qualify as a Foreign Legal Consultant per the rules governing the Bar of Texas.
- Experience advising businesses on ethics, compliance, human resources and commercial contract issues – at least 3 years’ experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with analysis, drafting and negotiation of contracts and contract claims.
- Proven problem-solving skills are required.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with other attorneys and company employees.
- Must have the ability to travel globally on a limited basis.
- Familiarity working in a global context, including experience with foreign law.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field Legal
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 01/11/2021, 9:11:34 AM