Bowhead Specialty is a best in class insurance operationtargeting US specialty lines with highly experienced leadership and backed byrespected capital partners. We provide risk evaluation and related services forprofessional liability coverages including Directors & Officers, ManagementLiability, Errors & Omissions and Casualty lines.
Our company is dynamic and growing and we encourage thosewho join us to be active participants in building our future together.
Paralegal (Generalist) will provide support to our GeneralCounsel, Head of Regulatory and Head of Claims among other internal stakeholdersin the following areas: contract drafting and review, contract database andfile maintenance, legal compliance, litigation intake and management,eDiscovery, document gathering and review, coordinating and supporting intake,information gathering, and filings, corporate governance administration andmatters, research and special projects.
- Providelegal and administrative support on a wide array of strategic, operational,governance, business and regulatory matters
- Assistin insurance licensing and corporate filings
- Administerroutine contract requirements, maintain contract calendar, prepare and filerequired filings, assist team members in corporate governance matters
- Assistin administration of Board meeting process, maintain calendar, coordinateagendas, maintain database of resolutions, and prepare consents, delegations,and resolutions
- Conductlegal research (including into statutes, case law and regulations) investigateand analyze facts and applicable legal requirements to support responses tolegal and regulatory matters, litigation, internal investigations and othermatters
- Assistin compiling data for management reports highlighting legal developments andtrends
- Prepareminutes and other routine corporate secretary documents for Board of Directors;as appropriate, collaborate with Operations team to maintain accurate recordsand books, support research, maintenance and preparation for filing ofapplicable federal, state and local filings
- Furnishall necessary litigation and discovery/eDiscovery support as necessaryincluding file set-up and maintenance, document and fact gathering, review andpreparation of discovery materials, and coordination of work through externalcounsel; coordinate with team members to create, maintain, administer, manageand enhance eDiscovery platforms
- Document,update and enforce hold processes as appropriate; create well defined, welldocumented and compliant legal hold processes consistent with legal andregulatory requirements and to mitigate against spoliation and indiscriminatedeletion of records
- Supportdevelopment of automated repositories for records retention, hold and discoverymanagement purposes, including relative to capturing of appropriate content andcontrols across repositories
- Performs other duties as needed upon request
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, paralegal degree orcertification required
- 3-5 years as a paralegal, preferably ininsurance or in financial services
- Experience with legal research tools andenterprise legal required, eDiscovery, and contract management tools (e.g.,Westlaw, Lexis, Cheetah, Exterro, Concordance, Quantivate, Legal Tracker)