- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and active membership in one state bar
- Minimum 5 full years as a licensed attorney as a litigation or regulatory counsel
Do you want to work on exciting, cutting edge legal issues and help shape Amazon’s newest products and services? Come make history with Amazon’s Legal Department.
We are looking for a talented attorney with a background in product compliance to support our Devices and Services business. This business develops an exciting array of products such as Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Echo and Alexa connected-home products. You will work directly with the engineering, compliance and safety teams to bring innovative products to market. You will provide counsel on product development, technology/innovation, and compliance and safety matters.
You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business to move quickly. The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Principal responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary compliance counsel for various product lines and throughout each product's life cycle
- Provide guidance on regulatory certifications, environmental compliance, product safety and regulatory markings as part of the product development process
- Interact regularly with international teams, and work with local counsels on cutting-edge legal issues, international regulations and pre-litigation disputes and inquiries
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
- In-house experience in regulatory or compliance matters
- Experience related to environmental compliance is a plus
- Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical, and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.