WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an experienced Employment Law Counsel who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of responsibilities. This is a tremendous opportunity to join an established legal team and add value to a dynamic and disruptive company. You can step in and help make an immediate impact on the organization and be part of its fun and fast moving culture. This role will report to the Director, Employment Law in the Legal team and work very closely with People team leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner closely with Box's People team on employee complaints and investigations to ensure prompt and thorough follow-through
- Conduct/advise on internal investigations of high-risk cases, including partnering with investigators on strategy, witness interviews, and preparing reports; making recommendations as to action needed; communicating case status updates to relevant stakeholders; participating in close-out meetings
- Collaborate with People team to build and improve scalable policies, processes, templates, and training programs
- Provide pragmatic and solutions-oriented employment law advice and counseling for employee life cycle, including hiring, performance review, LOA/reasonable accommodation requests, and separations
- Work on complex/sensitive employee relations counseling matters and special projects
- Help advise on COVID-related projects such as Box's remote work strategies, new legislation and office reopenings
- Prepare reporting and metrics relating to investigations and ER counseling matters
- Support subpoena responses
- Assist with other projects on the legal team, as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar (CA, NY, IL or TX preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in employment law
- Significant experience investigating and/or advising on investigations of employee complaints, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, and policy violations
- Experience at a reputable law firm (some in-house legal department or secondment experience preferred)
- Significant experience providing employment law advice and counsel on the full spectrum of employment issues. Experience with California employment law (or a willingness to dive in and learn)
- Experience working with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail, sense of humor, team player yet autonomous, highest level of judgment and integrity
- Comfortable juggling multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Experience with international employment issues is a plus
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.