Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019 and 2020; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for a Junior Counsel based in our Centennial, CO location.
Summit Utilities, Inc.’s Legal Department is looking for an attorney with general corporate skills to join its team as Junior Counsel. The Junior Counsel will provide legal counsel and risk analysis for Summit’s business operations and initiatives. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-pace environment and enjoys working on a vast array of issues on a day-to-day basis.
This expected base salary range for this position is $77,126.00 to $101,228.00
- Provide day-to-day legal counsel to clients on general corporate and compliance matters
- Draft, negotiate, and revise contracts
- Provide ongoing legal guidance and project management support throughout the contract lifecycle
- Advise clients on land matters, including easements, rights-of-way, and commercial leases
- Advise clients on various marketing campaigns, incentive programs, and customer literature
- Provide legal support for company insurance program, including advising on policy interpretations and risk transfer guidance
- Review, draft, and provide general legal counsel on corporate policies
- Collaborate with legal team and clients to identify and implement process improvements
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members
- Obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s business
- Collaborate with and update clients on legal matters impacting their business or department
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Legal Officer or her designee
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in at least one state bar
- One to three years of experience in a law firm or corporate setting
- Solid contract drafting experience is critical
- Experience with real estate law and/or utility regulation preferred.
- Demonstrate a business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and ability to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions
- Ability to influence value-added outcomes with clients and stake holders utilizing legal expertise
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with all levels and to keep relevant stakeholders regularly and timely updated
- Possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to function integrally as part of a geographically dispersed Legal Team
- Able to quickly gain a rapport and working relationship with business personnel to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel
- Able to communicate clearly and work effectively and cooperatively with colleagues from different functions, different offices, different regions, and at every level of the company’s organization
- Excellent judgment and initiative in developing creative and effective solutions, using a business- oriented approach
- Proficient in setting priorities and managing expectations with respect to deliverables and deadlines
- Self-starter who is sharp, quick to pick up new concepts, and willing to dig in and become an “expert” as needs arise
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be able to travel as necessary
- Remote applicants may need to travel and utilize other strategies to ensure effective collaboration and productivity
Summit Utilities, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.