The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
JPMorgan Chase is seeking an attorney with at least five years' experience to provide legal support for JPMorgan's Asset Management business ("AM"), with significant responsibility for negotiating investment management agreements with U.S. and non-U.S. corporate clients, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, financial intermediaries, ERISA plans, governmental pension plans, endowments, foundations and other institutional clients and support for AM's institutional funds' platform. Provide expert legal and regulatory advice in connection with AM's institutional separate account business. This includes working closely with Client Advisers, Portfolio Managers and Client Account Managers to negotiate investment management agreements, fund subscription agreements and other account-opening documents with institutional clients, especially U.S. public plan clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert legal and regulatory advice supporting Derivatives Solutions' efforts to enhance AM's derivatives capabilities and platform. This includes partnering with Global Fixed Income, Equities, Multi-Asset Solutions and Alternatives to assist with the use of derivatives at all stages of the asset management value chain.
- Support for Global Trading Agreements Group in connection with review and negotiation of trading ISDAs, MFSTAs, Prime Brokerage Agreements, Master Repurchase Agreements and other trading agreements.
- Advice in connection with general U.S. securities laws, including the Investment Advisers Act, ERISA, CFTC regulations, Dodd-Frank Act, the Bank Holding Company Act and applicable OCC regulations.
- Provide support for Pricing Practices Group in connection with the review and negotiation of fee agreements.
- Work closely with Client Advisers, Portfolio Managers and Client Account Managers to negotiate investment management agreements.
- Support general asset management work and support for various additional and special projects.
- Partner with Product teams, Compliance, Controls and Risk leadership to support business objectives and well-run, controlled and compliant operations.
- Partner with colleagues across the Legal Department, including teams in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Top-tier law firm experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable asset management expertise.
- The confidence and interpersonal and networking skills necessary for effective interaction with business clients at all levels, other parts of the firm and external parties.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and negotiating skills.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment
- JD or educational equivalent required.
- Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements prior to commencement of employmeJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans