The Senior Counsel provides excellent commercial/contract support to the company’s operations, sales, and procurement groups as well as legal counsel and support for general corporate legal matters of the company and its related entities.
- Drafts and negotiates various contract types, including purchase and lease, supply and requirements, software, licensing, vendor, staffing, construction, service, environmental, confidentiality and other types of commercial agreements to ensure legal compliance and alignment with company objectives/initiatives.
- Reviews and/or prepares joint venture, shareholder, partnership, technical service and other agreements related to the formation, start-up and continuation of domestic and international entities.
- Counsels and advises corporate management on various complicated commercial legal issues and related risks.
- Provides counsel and support to the manufacturing operations, procurement and sales groups on various legal issues including contracts, litigation, dispute resolution, best practices, etc.
- Prepares and presents preventive law training to company employees in various areas of the law, including contracts, confidentiality and trade secrets, as requested.
- Assists in development and implementation of standard processes and procedures within law department to ensure effectiveness of department functions, client support and compliance.
- Manages specific litigation matters assigned to outside counsel, including strategy and budget review and oversight.
- Alignment and cooperation with the General Counsel and the Legal Department’s team members in North America, Germany, China, UK, and India, as well as business partners supported by the Legal Department.
- Assists General Counsel in the operation of Legal Department activities, as requested and undertakes specific assignments as requested by the General Counsel.
- Minimum of six to nine years of applicable experience at a reputable law firm or corporate law department
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills. Ability to demonstrate practical rather than theoretical focus to legal issues with a view to finding viable business solutions with acceptable risk profiles.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills, judgment, and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment
- Outstanding commercial, contract, technical and strategic acumen, understanding the need to balance practical business issues, company risk and effective legal counsel.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to effectively analyze a matter and reach a timely conclusion.
- Familiarity with contract learning management system software.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to practice in Illinois
- Work is performed within a business environment at a corporate location, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.