Purpose & Overall Role Relevance for the Organization:
Reporting to the General Counsel- Brands & Americas, the Senior Legal Counsel - adidas North American Market (NAM) & Special Projects provides in-house advice and counsel on a variety of legal issues and problems primarily related to adidas for both its Global and North America business. In addition, the role will support adidas Golf, sustainability issues and adidas' Top Creator team. Advises corporation concerning legal rights, obligations, and privileges by performing the following duties. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position reports to the General Counsel - Global Brands and Americas and is responsible for handling a wide range of legal matters including general transactional matters, litigation, employment law, anti-trust issues and real estate matters for adidas.
- The position will provide legal advice and counsel to company personnel in diverse matters affecting day-to-day business operations by assisting, advising, investigating, researching and resolving legal matters to ensure an advantageous company position in such arrangements within the confines of adidas' policies and philosophy.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for corporation.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Acts as agent of corporation in various transactions.
- Represents corporation in litigation and other legal proceedings.
- Advises corporation concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, officers and corporate relations with general public.
- Negotiations and drafts complex contracts between adidas and third parties.
- Helps business resolve disputes with third parties.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; solid decision making and judgement are essential.
- Strategic thinking and acting, has the analytical and conceptual strength to develop and implement strategies that achieve competitive advantage for adidas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must with ability to design and draft highly complex agreements.
- Ability to independently exercise sound judgment, make good decisions, and perform with minimal supervision and imperfect or limited information
- Ability to demonstrate our values for living an inclusive and respectful culture of belonging.
- Cooperative, team-oriented approach with ability to excel within a highly collaborative team and able to build effective relationships within and outside of adidas
- Professional, approachable with extensive cross-functional and intercultural experience
- Flexible approach to problem solving with excellent negotiation and legal drafting skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or issues.
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications
- Must have undergraduate college degree and a JD degree
- 8 years' experience in legal practice
- Must be admitted