About the job
Legal.io is working with a venture-backed e-commerce company to hire a commercial / product counsel for a 6 month assignment.
What You’ll Do
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, from Master Services Agreements and Statements of Work to Marketing Agreements. We value efficiency and clear, concise drafting that drives towards a quick close.
- Counsel product, engineering, and other business teams on legal issues to ensure alignment with the Company’s business goals, policies, and risk tolerance.
- This will include some of the lower hanging fruit such as NDA’s, basic MSA negotiations, helping to triage the work, etc.
- Coordinate interactions with outside counsel and ensure an effective allocation of resources.
Who You Are:
- Experienced legal professional with a track record of supporting in-house teams in a commercial and/or product counsel role
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment and makes consistent good decisions for the company and our team members.
- Can effectively negotiate with a positive impact on customer relationships without compromising necessary speed to conclude a transaction.
- Knows firsthand the challenges of a growth stage company and anticipates the problems of scaling.
- Has experience designing, implementing, and executing effective commercial, transaction, and related processes.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- 7 - 10 years of transactional experience
- 3+ years of in-house experience
- JD + license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction with eligibility for registered in-house counsel status.
- A wonk-ish interest in commercial work and technology law of all sorts
- Excellent grasp of on-prem and SaaS transactions
- Excellent negotiation skills including first-hand experience of leading negotiations with parties across multiple jurisdictions
- Previous experience at a high-growth technology company
- Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: 6 months
- Schedule: 40hrs/week
- Pay Rate: $100 / hr
- Benefits: healthcare, vision, dental
- Location: San Francisco Bay Area - USA [REMOTE]
Legal.io is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.