About the job
Legal.io is working with a cyber security software and services company to hire a temp-to-perm marketing and commercial counsel for a 3-month contract.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing commercial, marketing, and product legal support.
- Reviewing landing pages; in particular in the context of selling to consumers on a subscription basis.
- Pricing, marketing, and advertising legal review.
- Basic privacy understanding is helpful - US focussed.
- Product Compliance & Regulatory restrictions.
- Understanding of FTC claims processes a plus.
- Hands-on approach to day to day work
Who You Are:
- Experienced legal professional with a track record of supporting in-house teams in a commercial and/or product counsel role
- Demonstrates outstanding judgment and makes consistent good decisions for the company and our team members.
- Can effectively negotiate with a positive impact on customer relationships without compromising necessary speed to conclude a transaction.
- Knows firsthand the challenges of a growth stage company and anticipates the problems of scaling.
- Has experience designing, implementing, and executing effective commercial, transaction, and related processes.
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing.
- 4+ years of total experience
- 2+ years of in-house experience
- JD + license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction with eligibility for registered in-house counsel status.
- A wonk-ish interest in commercial work and technology law of all sorts
- Excellent grasp of on-prem and SaaS transactions
- Excellent negotiation skills including first-hand experience of leading negotiations with parties across multiple jurisdictions
- Previous experience at a SaaS technology company
- Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: 3 months
- Schedule: 40hrs/week
- Pay Rate: $70/hr - $80/hr
- Benefits: healthcare, vision, dental
- Location: Tempe, Arizona - USA [REMOTE]
Legal.io is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.