We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Assists the attorneys in answering interrogatories and preparing motions, complaints, briefs and other legal documents; and performs all types of legal support work assigned research as permitted by the rules of the State Bar.
This is a permanently remote/virtual position supporting attorneys handling cases venued in San Bernardino, Orange, and Riverside Counties.
- Assists attorneys in answering interrogatories; interviews clients and reduces answers to writing; reviews work with attorneys and prepares answers in final form.
- Obtains, reviews and summarizes medical records at the direction of trial attorneys and has them reviewed by experts as necessary; and arranges for medical examinations.
- Assists attorneys in preparing motions, and researches legal points in connection therewith.
- Assists attorneys in interviewing witnesses preparatory to and during trials as necessary.
- Assists attorneys in preparing documents and evidence for trial.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 20 lbs. Maximum, seeing, and speaking.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. 2 year Associates Degree OR 3 years experience working as a Paralegal. AND Paralegal certificate or a degree in paralegal studies or the completion of at least one year of law school. Preferred: Bachelor's degree. Paralegal certificate from American Bar Association (ABA) approved program.
One year experience working in a civil litigation law firm, preferred.
Job Location(s): US - CA - Orange County, US - CA - Ontario, US - CA - San Bernardino
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out