- A minimum of five plus years of litigation experience in complex commercial matters in state and federal courts, with significant experience in financial services industry disputes;
- Significant experience with mergers and acquisitions, banking, securities and/or bankruptcy litigation;
- Knowledge of and experience with complex financial products and services;
- Knowledge of state and federal court practice and rules;
- Experience preparing witnesses for depositions and defending depositions is a plus;
- Ability to assume significant independent responsibility immediately with minimal oversight and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex and time-intensive matters simultaneously;
- The ability to think strategically;
- The ability to write well and communicate effectively, including to senior executives of the Firm;
- The ability to build and maintain good client and colleague relationships;
- Major Law Firm experience is a plus;
- JD degree. All candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment;
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans