Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The Paralegal will assist attorneys and support the operating businesses and investments of TRT Holdings, Inc., which include Omni Hotels & Resorts and Origins Behavioral HealthCare.
- Ability to quickly handle multiple projects independently with limited supervision, exercise independent judgment and discretion in connection with significant matters while involving senior team members when necessary, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and be a strong team player with the willingness to take initiative;
- Experience in litigation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills for electronic and hard copy files;
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively work in an environment in which you will be exposed to confidential information;
- Detail oriented with superior proof-reading skills;
- Approachable and patient with internal clients, with passion for providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to adapt as necessary and establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers, in-house attorneys, and members of the various business units.
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Interact with operational teams and third parties consistent with TRT’s high standards;
- Conduct research and investigations;
- Coordinate discovery responses including gathering documents and coordinating witnesses;
- Respond to third party subpoenas and search warrants;
- Manage garnishments, including transmittal to relevant company payroll departments, or supervise others in connection with same;
- Prepare legal holds and track acknowledgements, or supervise others in connection with same;
- Work with the IT department and various operational teams to ensure the preservation of electronic and hard copy data;
- Update and maintain litigation database, and/or supervise others in connection with same;
- Maintain form files for various contracts and other frequently used documents;
- Draft tender letters and tender claims and lawsuits to insurance providers and outside counsel per attorneys’ direction;
- Act as liaison between operations and counsel regarding operation teams’ legal questions;
- Draft demand letters for collection issues, as well as evaluating options for resolution;
- Prepare small claims lawsuits, including filling out claim paperwork, organizing and gathering evidence, and advising field on steps needed to pursue.