Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with in-house patent operations departments.
- Experience with patent docketing tools.
Experience with program and project management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, attorneys, operations, and analysts.
- Experiences or knowledge with patents or intellectual property management systems.
- Knowledge of data operations with spreadsheets or other database tools.
- Familiarity with USPTO and foreign patent prosecution basics (e.g. PCT, EPO).
- Excellent attention to detail, networking, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
Google’s Global Patents Team (GPT) is an inspiring team of innovators who are passionate about future technologies and excited about resolving their ensuing legal challenges. The Patent Tactics Team is responsible for operational execution and technical infrastructure for the team.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Manage patent outside counsel by developing patent prosecution and asset management processes and programs including developing and managing patent specific KPIs, guidelines, outside counsel communications, user success, and data quality.
- Manage and execute large scale partnership programs and patent operations programs such as patent annuity, awards, foreign filing, and targeted prosecution.
- Collaborate with compliance, legal operations, privacy, and finance on invoice review, task code development, budget planning, system, and data policy development.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.