Requisition ID # 82824
Job Category :
Job Level :
Job Location :
The Law Department provides timely, efficient and business-focused legal services to the company. The Law Department’s substantive legal activities fall in three categories: Litigation, Regulatory, Transactions and Corporate Services.
The counsel will report to the Managing Counsel for Gas and Electric Operations and will be responsible for providing legal advice and representation in connection with all aspects of the company's operations, including in rulemaking or investigation proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) or investigations by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), as well as providing advice and counsel to the company’s gas, electric, and customer care departments, including assisting in compliance processes.
- Researches case law citations, references, quotations, court proceedings, hearing processes, and litigation procedures, facts, and terminology.
- Assumes primary responsibility for representing the Company in regulatory proceedings, compliance investigations, judicial and other dispute resolution processes, employment matters, corporate matters, transactions, and permitting.
- Develops legal advice and strategy for complex matters with guidance as needed.
- Prepares analysis of legal options and strategies with supervision.
- Prepares final legal documents, including complex memoranda, contracts, disclosure and Board materials or pleadings with general guidance.
- Under supervision, manages and coordinates outside counsel handling specific proceedings or issues.
- Under supervision, assists with outside counsel's integration into a broader legal team.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Experience as Attorney, 2 years
- Legal experience, post-JD-Juris Doctor, or other job-related, 8 years
- Law Bar Admission, US
- Experience advising clients in the energy industry, including regulatory and transactional
- Law Bar admission, CA
- Registered In-House Counsel permit, California