In the new hyperconnected world, opportunities are coming at us faster than before—intelligent apps, IoT, machine learning, blockchain, and more. Traditional networking was not designed for this new reality, where rapidly evolving cloud infrastructure, apps, and connected devices are creating both opportunity and risk. The hyperconnected world demands Next Level Networking™—designed from the ground up to be agile while remaining rock solid and secure, with visibility across the entire ecosystem.
As a Senior Product & Privacy Counsel at Infoblox, you will work on the most exciting legal issues as game-changing technological innovations require innovative legal guidance. You will be part of a nimble, business-minded group of in-house lawyers, and a key contributor to the company’s privacy, compliance, and product development efforts. You will take on projects that challenge you to think creatively and work collaboratively with Bloxers from all over the company and around the world. And as an integral part of the team, you will proactively assess legal and compliance risks and advise on products that will move networking and data security to the next level.
This position will be based in the U.S. (Santa Clara, CA, Tacoma, WA, or remote) and report to the Assistant General Counsel in Santa Clara, CA.
- Advise cross-functional stakeholders on privacy and data protection legal issues, risks, and best practices related to GDPR, CCP, and other ever-evolving international and domestic privacy regulations and data protection frameworks
- Build and maintain privacy and data protection policies, procedures, and informational resources for both internal and external customers and take the lead as the primary legal liaison to work with relevant cross-functional teams to continuously enhance the company’s robust global privacy and data protection program
- Assist with other regulatory compliance programs such as FedRAMP (for governmental contracting) and other programs as they relate to the protection of data
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Sales, Finance, Products, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing, Human Resources, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can implement
- Work closely with the cross-functional compliance team and outside counsel to build programs, inform executive staff, and shape product and engineering decisions
- Review, draft, and manage inbound technology licenses and intellectual property agreements, SaaS/cloud agreements, partnership and vendor agreements, services agreements and statements of work, terms of service and end-user agreements, data processing agreements, and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
- JD degree or equivalent degree
- 5 years of in-house or top-tier law firm experience in data privacy and compliance, product counseling, and technology licensing
- Qualified and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in the state in which the candidate resides
The ideal candidate will possess...
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in GDPR and other domestic and international data protection and privacy regulations
- CIPP or other recognized privacy certification or specialization
- Product counseling and compliance program creation, monitoring, and documentation
- Experience with government contracting, compliance, and flow down requirements
- Familiar with SaaS, network security, cloud computing, professional services, and privacy law
- Demonstrated experience advising clients or deal teams in addressing privacy and compliance issues when structuring complex domestic and international transactions
- Background in drafting and negotiating service agreements, sales contracts, licenses, alliance agreements, and intellectual property agreements
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Polished communication skills and executive presentation experience
- Sense of humor and a can-do attitude
- Work with a world-class legal team in a rapidly growing company.
- A career path with opportunities to grow your capabilities and responsibilities
- Unlimited discretionary PTO
- A competitive benefits package
- And many, many more perks
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, diversity, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.
#LI - HH1