Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The successful candidate will be an experienced member of the Licensing team responsible for supporting an active licensing program, covering technology and product development and consulting services. The position interacts extensively with senior management and requires mature judgment and the ability to work effectively as a contributing member of the team with minimal direction.
- Support the standard licensing program of Dolby technologies and create licensing programs for new initiatives
- Advise the company on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of third-party technologies and related intellectual property matters
- Counsel senior management in connection with complex transactional matters associated with licensing and collaboration agreements, intellectual property licensing strategies and protection of intellectual property rights
- Negotiate and draft complex technology transfer and business development, and intellectual property licensing agreements
- Work with sales and marketing organizations within the Company to develop guidelines and agreement templates, negotiate program agreements, and develop and define program criteria and processes
- Provide information and training to internal groups as required
- Provide such other corporate, licensing, and intellectual property management support as may be assigned by supervisor
- Juris Doctor degree from top-tier law school and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction (CA preferred)
- A minimum of 5-7 years legal experience in both top tier law firm and in-house environment with hands-on negotiation and drafting experience in technology licensing and program management
- Excellent writing and communication skills, to the degree necessary to enable the candidate to present ideas, opinions, and recommendations clearly, articulately, and with confidence to senior management
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience
- Self-initiative and ability to work with minimum of direction under pressure
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Familiarity with standards setting organizations and standards obligations
- Good sense of humor and the ability to contribute to a collegial environment
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Knowledge of patent and antitrust law, experience with IP litigation, especially patent litigation, and/or an interest in data collection and privacy matters is a plus but not required
- Experience with working in a distributed team structure across different geographical locations
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: Eugene