The ideal candidate will have experience with US and UK/EU regulation, litigation, multinational contract review, corporate structuring, labor law, multinational tax, securities law in general, digital asset licensing and regulatory paradigms related to such, as well as capital markets in general.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee legal functions and set strategic focus to ensure success in all growth opportunities while managing risks;
- Work as part of the leadership team to achieve key business objectives and assist in developing compelling product and service offerings that meet all relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- Participate in product and cross-functional initiative developments throughout CEX.IO ecosystem;
- Manage contracts workflow, implementing CEX.IO global legal strategy and approaches;
- Drive the litigation strategy and execution to both mitigate and prevent potential claims;
- Interact with government authorities when they are conducting investigations or audits;
- Lead the legal team to the next level, define and execute legal operations and processes to maximise efficiency, growing a high performing team;
- Provide guidance and support to the CEX.IO People team to navigate global labor laws;
- Proactively engage with the rest of the company, including the Product, Engineering, People, Sales, Operations, Compliance, and Finance teams to advance the company’s objectives.
Essential Skills and Expertise:
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of financial services laws and regulations, risk management, commercial law, corporate governance, and litigation;
- Understanding of the FinTech/crypto industry practices;
- 7+ years of experience at a multinational corporation;
- Capital markets domain knowledge and experience with UK regulations is an advantage;
- Able to drive initiatives hands-on while also managing a team and balancing priorities;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration across all departments of the business;
- JD Degree.
- Proven record of handling responsibility, problem solving, and getting things done;
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence multiple stakeholders;
- Attention to detail.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We saved you a seat at the table!
Join the CEX.IO mission to be the most safe and reliable global gateway of an open financial system!