The Red Hat Legal team is looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to guide and manage key initiatives and projects across the Red Hat Commercial Legal Group’s office of operational efficiency and execution in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work with the assistant general counsel who leads the Commercial Legal Team’s global office of operational efficiency and delivery and you will engage directly with other senior members of the Red Hat Legal team worldwide. You will manage key day-to-day functions for the assistant general counsel and coordinate strategic initiatives and projects designed to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Commercial Legal team. As a Legal Operations Specialist, you will engage with many business and legal issues associated with operational improvement, knowledge management, and data analytics in a commercial legal context. You will work with members of the Legal team at the highest level across regions and with multiple departments throughout the company. This is a great opportunity for you to guide change and make a direct impact at the world's leading open source technology company with a unique, innovative business model.Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage the office’s activities and initiatives by managing the meeting calendar, including coordinating global participation, developing agendas, managing follow up actions, and keeping global team members on task and on time
- Assist the leaders of the Commercial Legal team with department goal development, monitoring, execution and reporting, and administrative functions as needed
- Assist in broader Legal team meeting and event coordination
- Collaborate on presentations, newsletters, and other communications
- Maintain and support Commercial Legal team knowledge management
- Work with data from Salesforce.com (SFDC) and other sources to monitor and track commercial legal workload and output
About Red Hat
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility working in a professional global environment; legal-related experience is not required
- Ability to identify key action items from broadly defined objectives and to align with the project or initiative without detailed direction
- Ability to coordinate priorities across multiple teams and departments, deal with ambiguity, and work with minimal supervision
- Orientation on bringing order to projects, initiatives, schedules, and materials in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities
- Ability to bring enthusiasm and creativity to solving issues associated with the growing legal function
- Great attention to detail and the ability to prioritize shifting demands
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse and global audience
- Experience with data and information management; experience with data analytics is a plus
- Passion for learning applications and related tools, including a thorough understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides, and document formatting
- Positive and motivated approach
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.