Focused on the greater New York metropolitan area, LeGaL is dedicated to:
- improving the administration of the law,
- ensuring full equality for members of the LGBT community,
- promoting the expertise and advancement of LGBT legal professionals,
- and serving the larger community.
Le-Gal supports the LGBT community through a wide range of activities:
- A weekly walk-in pro bono clinic at Manhattan's LGBT Community Center serving hundreds of individuals each year.
- Multiple similar clinics in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Newark , as well as a collaborative Life Planning Clinic with NYLAG's LGBTQ Law Project.
- The publication of LGBT Law Notes , the most comprehensive monthly publication summarizing legal developments affecting the LGBT community here and abroad.
- Sponsors the Dr. M.L. Hank Henry, Jr. Fund for Judicial Fellowships.
- Runs the area's only career fair dedicated to first-year LGBT law students.
Le-Gal uses Legal.io to expand its intake capabilities and to streamline referrals:
- Integration with existing website to give clients access to online intake.
- Use of the intake manager features to streamline the matching of clients to relevant lawyers and resources in the network.
- Powerful, collaborative content tools to create beautiful, interactive legal guides to inform and engage the public.
- Data analysis and reporting tools to support the development of best practices and efficient allocation of resources.