Careers at Legal.io
Build relationships that endure and software that serves a greater purposeCurrent Openings
We have a big vision at Legal.io: to build the largest market network of legal professionals and standardized legal services, and to democratize access to these experts, data, and tools. Our first mission: to be the leading legal market network provider to the world’s most trusted legal organizations. From our beginnings prototyping with mission-driven legal organizations and entrepreneurs as part of the StartX community of Stanford founders, to becoming a scrappy team of engineers, designers and lawyers hacking on our initial marketplace network (LawGives), we now find ourselves with a scalable technology platform, market traction and an expanding team.
We balance individuality and community as part of our culture of diversity, responsibility and intentionality. We are committed to helping all our team members and alumni build their careers and their networks, while preparing the company for growth. Be a part of our mission and help build a company that is changing the world.
“Legal.io is an Internet platform for lawyers all over the world to
generate business and drive impact from the ground up.”
Many companies list their perks, but to us, culture is less about what you get, and more about how you succeed, and how you belong. We have a culture of diversity, responsibility and intentionality, towards each other and towards the communities we identify with. We build relationships that endure and software that serves a greater purpose. We are non-hierarchical. We challenge each other and society’s status quo. We experiment, measure, learn and share. We balance autonomy, individual accountability and celebration of great work, with the sense of belonging that comes from a life shared with communities of good people.
Legal.io is part of the StartX community of Stanford’s top entrepreneurs. With access to regular community events and workshops, members of our team can learn, bounce ideas around and get feedback from a network of the finest entrepreneurial peers and mentors, ready to share their experiences and expertise. Our main offices are in the San Francisco headquarters of the Embassy Network, a global network of shared-living spaces for creatives, professionals and modern nomads traveling the globe for projects and collaborations. All team members receive membership of the Embassy Network with full access to events and community resources.
“[Legal.io] is showing that law firms can provide a fixed fee for legal services
and still make money by serving a latent market for legal services.”
10 great reasons to join the Legal.io team
- A chance to build a platform that will help millions of people with important, often life-changing issues.
- An opportunity to transform one of the last remaining unreformed industries.
- Breakfasts, burritos, bacon and more, served up every day, for free.
- Access top peers and mentors through the Stanford StartX network.
- A community of individuals who thrive on continued learning and making a meaningful impact.
- Free membership to the Embassy, a global network of creative thinkers traveling the world for collaborative opportunities.
- Innovate at the intersection of law and technology. If you're a lawyer, we'll teach you how to code, and if you're a coder, we'll teach you about the law!
- Office bowling alley. We repeat, office bowling alley.
- Visas readily available if you're looking for a stint in Silicon Valley, or the chance to work remotely if you're a globetrotter.
- Flexible, self-directed vacation time: 2 weeks per year, minimum.
“...one of the most prominent and promising contenders in this space.”
We are currently seeking a customer success intern to help support our customer success and community management team. While the position is a paid role, this is also an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a cutting-edge, fast paced startup environment and be on the forefront of the profound shift currently affecting the legal industry.
We are working with specific communities of lawyers and legal organizations and are seeking a self-starter, who relishes the prospect of supporting them in successfully using our platform. The ideal customer success intern will be a tech-savvy law student or paralegal with a firm understanding about how the law governs and shapes our society, a creative thinker and a personable comfortable with spending hours delighting our users. The job can be done remotely or from our headquarters in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood, and will roughly comprise 15-20 hours of work a week.
- Interacting with lawyers, legal support staff, and administrators of large legal networks on a daily basis, help them with their questions regarding use of the platform, and empowering them to become our champions.
- Understanding user pain points, clearly communicating their concerns internally, and helping influence product decisions that will create a better user experience
- Working closely with other team members to effectively and efficiently solve users’ issues.
The Must Haves
- A degree from (or currently pursuing a degree from) an accredited university.
- Previous experience in a phone/email support position.
- A love for writing beautiful, helpful emails and getting inbox-zero.
- Not shy of providing phone support.
- Well-organized and concerned for the details of a user’s issue.
- Able to interact in an energetic, empathetic, and kind manner with users.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- A legal background.
- Additional language competencies.
Apply for this position
If you are feeling inspired, check out our website www.legal.io and apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think you'd be a good fit, and feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Legal.io: talent (at) legal (dot) io