About the job
Legal.io is hiring a Legal Recruiter to join its team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for sourcing and qualifying attorneys and other legal professionals to meet current and future client staffing needs. This is a full-time, salaried position (with commission), and an opportunity to shape the future of legal work at a rapidly growing venture backed legal tech company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with the Legal.io team and external stakeholders to cultivate a strong understanding of the legal market with a particular emphasis on practice areas; business concerns affecting the management and efficiencies of corporate legal departments and law firms; the intersection between the legal and recruiting/search industries; and the strategic utilization of interim resources within these organizations.
- Needs to have a strong understanding of the legal market and be candidate focused and driven.
- Works with the Legal.io team to build a candidate sourcing strategy to meet client staffing requirements.
- Develops recruiting strategies designed to identify qualified candidates through various sourcing and recruiting tools.
- Makes cold and warm calls to prospective candidates to build a pipeline of candidates to meet current and future clients’ needs.
- Evaluates candidates’ strengths compared with clients’ requirements by screening and interviewing the candidate.
- Provides accurate and thorough documentation of candidate interactions in applicant tracking systems.
- Drafts candidate summaries and/or presentations highlighting strengths and relevant work experience for client consideration.
- Negotiates wage rates and other terms and conditions of employment with candidates and gains commitment from candidates for current and/or future job requirements.
- Completes necessary pre-employment processes including reference checks and background/drug tests in compliance with EEOC and other government standards.
- Develops and manages contract employee relationships, post-placement, including assessing and investigating contractor-related problems and administering performance counseling, coaching and disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Manages a demanding schedule including responding to urgent client candidate needs in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Style and Characteristics
- Smart, professional, confident, persuasive and resilient.
- Entrepreneurial, assertive and driven, but has a strong team orientation.
- High level of integrity and candor.
- Strong intellectual skills including superior written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish rapport, relationships and credibility with candidates.
- Passion for learning.
Education and Experience
- B.A./B.S. required.
- J.D. is a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within the legal recruiting field.
- Experience working with ATS systems (e.g. Bullhorn, Greenhouse)
- Recruiting experience focused on contract attorney placement is a plus.
Legal.io is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.