- Hire Talent
- Find Work
- Legal Software
Matrix Pointe SystemsCleveland, OhioFull TimeRemote
To work effectively on a technical team to architect, maintain and automate cloud and on-premises SQL database infrastructure solutions to meet company needs.
• Building, and maintaining database solutions in our business and production environments
• Implementing the company technology direction, vision, and strategy for hosting environment inclusive of AWS infrastructure and local database solutions.
DUTIES AND TASKS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
• Administer, automate, troubleshoot, and architect solutions for managing databases and the databases servers for all applications and purposes.
• Automate repetitive database processes wherever possible
• Maintain knowledge of general database implementation best practices with more specific knowledge of these practices in the context of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Establish processes for user/server configuration, high availability (where necessary), and disaster recovery.
• Engage in daily performance tuning of systems and queries, backups and maintenance plans
• Research, recommend and implement new AWS and Microsoft database-related technologies
• Provide support as needed to both internal users and external clients.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES
• Partner with IT manager, engineering team and DevOps to architect, implement, and protect database solutions for application hosting
• Share extensive documentation and knowledge with team members, engineers, and DevOps
• Participate in writing and enforcing change management and incident response policy
• Work with Engineering team to improve database monitoring, visibility, and performance tuning
• Time-management skills
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Adaptability to change
• Acceptance of constructive criticism
EEO Statement: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, decisions regarding hiring, promotions, and other terms of employment and termination will be made without respect to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran Status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.