- Hire Talent
- Find Work
- Legal Software
Truist FinancialHarrisburg, PA
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Job Description Summary:
To provide timely answers to legal and underwriting questions received from customers. To assist residential and commercial underwriters in determining underwriting requirements in preparation of title commitments, policies, and endorsements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review title applications and opinions to insure compliance with underwriting requirements of title companies.
2. Recognize title defects and provide underwriting assistance to agency underwriters as needed to resolve problems.
3. Assist underwriters and customers in clearing and resolving title issues.
4. Provide commercial quotes as requested.
5. Determine if survey is needed; review if applicable.
6. Participate in marketing efforts as needed.
7. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
8. Review work performed by underwriting staff, giving feedback on performance.
9. Assist in training and developing new underwriting staff members.
10. Participate in annual performance evaluations of agency underwriting staff as requested by manager.
11. Perform other duties assigned by manager.
12. Draft legal documents in connection with title insurance such as subordinations, satisfactions, releases, terminations and basic Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax returns for jointly owned property.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Juris Doctrate.
2. Two or more years work experience.
3. Ability to travel as required.
4. Knowledge of real estate law, governmental regulation and escrow closing procedures.
5. Admission to the bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania or completion of the same within six (6) months of start date.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify