Job Title: General Counsel
Region: Western, USA
Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
This executive will advise the company as its senior in-house counsel on a wide range of legal matters including commercial transactions, regulatory compliance, and corporate matters. Success in this position will require a versatile background and the ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced high-tech start-up environment.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements with most of the focus on sales/customer commercial contracts, supply chain agreements and strategic partnership agreements;
- Advise and assist with corporate activities, benefits, insurance, privacy, intellectual property, litigation, and other legal matters as required;
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices and standards that support innovation and growth;
- Prepare and assist in the completion of all SEC filings; review of all press releases;
- Ongoing oversight and management of corporate governance and compliance issues;
- Manage international subsidiaries, inter-company arrangements and foreign compliance; and
- Help reduce outside counsel usage.
- Experience with manufacturing and semiconductor operations including supplier agreements;
- Experience in working in a start-up environment;
- Experience with global corporations and managing foreign compliance;
- Excellent negotiation skills, with ability to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear;
- Minimum 10 years of high-level, relevant experience practicing with a law firm and in-house legal department of a public company;
- Corporate Secretary experience with extensive Board of Directors and subcommittee interactions;
- Highly skilled with negotiating and drafting a wide variety of contracts with minimal supervision;
- Impeccable legal and business judgment and an ability to quickly risk-assess and prioritize;
- An ability to communicate complex issues, both written and oral, with ease;
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment;
- A collaborative approach with no ego in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Juris Doctor Degree, with license to practice law in California, and excellent academic record
- 10+ years of experience practicing law in the technology space, including at least 5 years as an in-house attorney in a public company; IPO experience helpful;
- Experience advising product development, sales, and operational teams on issues including contracts, privacy, data security, intellectual property, and marketing;
- Excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels;
- Experience with intellectual property and other litigation.